From: Mathew Quaife [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2004 7:51 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Source for custom made cables

I think the point was mistaken here.  I either have to change the connector
on the receiver so that the cable goes directly to the receiver without
using any connetors to change from one type of plug to another, or find a
special cable with an RCA on one end and a Type N Male on the other.  My
objective is to never visit the repeater site once this machine is done.
And if I have to, I don't want it to be becuase I used a cheap connector to
tie in the reciever. The receiver is the GE MASTR ER41.  I'd rather just
change the connector to a type N connector, but would have to widdle a
little on the internal copper casing to put it in place.  Question:  If I
install the type N connector, and there is a solder point behind the inside,
am I going to run into troubles.  I hate to cut into it to find that I'm
opening a can or worms for noise to get in?

Mathew