At 02:34 PM 12/19/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>2. Once every 6-12 months. When the repeater is not within +/- 700hz, its
time
>to make a trip to the site and recalibrate it. If this is happening sooner
>than 6 months, then the element tempco is sub-par.

<----Many folks say I'm crazy but I've used Cal Crystal for probably close
to 20 years. Occasionally there may be a problem but that is the exception.

One of my repeaters (UHF) has been operational for over 25 years, using Cal
xtals. It's xmt frequency varies, *maybe* by +/- 500  hundred cycles and I
haven't had to touch it in at least 2 years.

Ken
(I think Cal is vastly underrated)
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net