mbloom0947 wrote:

   As for the deviation I have measured it with a Motorola Model
> 2600 service monitor at 6 KHz, about the same as other repeaters in
> this area.

I have no idea if what I'm about to say has any relevance to your
situation or not-*it likely doesn't*-but I saw a situation where a
repeater had been setup supposedly with a service monitor (the tech guy
supposedly had a buddy that worked for the radio dept at some large
company or gov agency). I looked at it with the Wavetek I used at the
time-while it showed proper dev on the analog meter, on the scope you
could easily see peaks hitting outwards of +/-12-15 Khz! Now, having
said that, the repeater was a maggiore (read:crappy transmit audio
circuits), and the guy who set it up used a Heath 2036 as his normal
radio (read:crappy detector and limiter circuits), and insisted that if
it was turned down, he couldn't hear it...

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL