At 12/22/2004 01:35 PM, you wrote:

>Thanks Bob, will try this and see if there is any changes.  The audio on the
>repeater actually seems fine to me, with the exception of a few folks, and
>they have used other radio's, and about the same quality, but in person
>there voice sounds nothing like they do on the repeater.  Will see how it
>works.
>
>Mathew

If your controller is already de-emphasizing the audio, there isn't much
you can do unless the de-emphasis curve is incorrect.  Link-Comm
controllers used to have this problem in that the breakpoint was
effectively 600 Hz, not 300.  I actually like to go much lower to make the
repeated audio as flat as possible without resorting to the direct FM approach.

Try listening to your "tinny" users directly on the input, & output
(through the repeater).  If they sound tinny both ways, I'd leave it alone.

Bob