At 06:25 PM 12/30/04, you wrote:

>I wouldn't trust the local stereo shops as far as I could throw them.
>
>Example:
>I saw a certified installer cut 8 inches of zip cord off of the reel
>Then he split it into 2 wires and then butt spliced the wires back to
>the original reel of wire!  I didn't even bother to make him feel like
>a dumb ass, I just left.

OK, so you feel that one "technician" was an ass.
Does that make all shops worthless?
And all the products they sell?

If one McDonalds shorts me on an order, that does
not convict all McDonalds locations.

>Also I need something a little smaller than a coke can,
>preferably 2.5 X 1.9 square, height doesn't matter, but
>needs to solder to a PCB.

Any audio transformer that has enough iron in it to handle
the audio output of a Maxtrac at full volume without saturating
(i.e. several watts) is not going to be tiny.
The "coke can" transformers I saw were 50 watt units.
There are smaller ones - a lot of the dash mount receivers
are in the 30-35w region.  There are others that handle 10-15 watts.
Just look around.  Maybe in another, different, stereo shop.

You asked for something to scratch your itch.  I gave you an idea.

You are welcome.

Mike