I would suggest looking at Daniels Electronics from Victoria Canada.
They build the best in the industry for harsh conditions that I have
ever seen.

http://www.danelec.com/applications/repeaters/basic.asp

They have lots of products as well, and a great support team. The BC
Forest service uses lots of their repeaters for their mountaintop
sites that sit buried in snow 365 days of the year.

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "russ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would look at a newer repeater such as an R-1 by Maggiore Labs it
has a
> very low draw. A Kenwood TKR-850 is a great repeater but it draws a
lot more
> DC power.
> Both the above are great repeaters as they do NOT need a lot of
TLC. They
> will just run and run.
> Good luck!
> 73 Russ, W3CH

Install
> > the
> > > controller in another box.
> > >

> > > I know the group has better ideas, and I would love to hear
them!
> > Let them
> > > flow!
> > >

> > > Thank you in advance,
> > >
> > > Tracy
> >
> > Were I you, I would do the GE MVP with the NHRC drop-in controller
> > and perhaps Hamtronics or Maggiore for the control RX. Even a
cheap
> > HT or scanner would suffice for a control RX and you would be
able to
> > take advantage of the power save circuitry in most HT's. My MVP's
on
> > UHF and VHF draw about 130 ma during RX (just the radio, no
> > controller) and the TX current draw would vary with output, but
could
> > be less than 3-4 amps with about 5-10 watts. I have heard of
people
> > using modern style power save circuits to decrease power
consumption
> > by 50% or more during RX idle time.
> >
> > You will spend too much time trying to re-invent the wheel by
horsing
> > with the modules and separate enclosures as well as the cables,
> > feedthroughs, RF connectors etc. Not to mention the extra expense.
> > The MVP is a known quantity, a known performer, in any
environment.