Kevin Custer wrote:

>>This is the repeater you converted for me and I am getting ready to put in
>>the tone reed. It is my understanding that when I do that, it will go to
>>CTCSS, until I switch the PL Disable off, then it will go to CSQ.
>
> That would be the case if your station was "stock", but since Reverse
> Burst is usually not available in the ham circles, it had to be done
> differently.

I like your mod, Kevin (it's REALLY close to the way I did mine before I
found this group!), but I'm not quite sure what reverse burst has to do
with this. I find if the controller is decent, RB still works as it
should on repeat audio when in PL, which is all that matters. (In fact,
I prefer the local speaker to either be carrier squelch all the time, or
have audio from the controller out. I have a jumper to select between
the two. I should put a switch in though...)
I clipped the jumper from the decoder to the sq chip because I wasn't
getting the good short Micor squelch with it in, even on a CSQ input.
Plus of course there was interaction as well. So for the Micor squelch
to work the way it was really intended, and for repeat audio to sound
that way, I clipped that jumper.
FWIW-my box started life as a single-user UHF repeater, unified chassis,
with I think either DC or tone remote. When I got it, the only card it
had was the station control card...also I'm running an S-Com 6K.

As a comment to Jim and anyone else, I used the PL disable switch and
the transistor associated with it (on the station control card) as the
F1 channel element switch. That way I have a postive tx disable on the
front panel-with an idiot light that comes on when disabled. The switch
grounds the base of the transistor, and keeps the F1 transmit element
from coming on.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL