I would check reflected power at the PA output  it should be no more than
if you were fireing the pa straight into the antenna. If it is then you
will need to adjust your cable length by trying different lenghs increasing
an inch or two at a time (on Vhf) until you reach the equivilent of 1/4
wavelength of added cable. Somewhere during the process you should see
minimum reflected power / maximum foreward out. This does work I tried it
with my 2 meter repeater when I changed recievers the new reciever was
experiencing bad desense and by adding small jumpers between amp and
duplexer reflected power went away and so did desense. I think this whole
process as I have described it exists on the repeater-builder web site in
the Wacom manual.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/wacom/wp6xxVHFtuninginstructions.pdf

hope this helps.

tom n8ies