At 03:32 PM 4/9/2005, Benjamin Naber wrote:

>Here's something else to be figure out
>
>   Who invented the cell phone and what was the
>original use? And where was the first tower installed?
>

>   Cell phones are pretty neat in their complexity, yet
>they are interesting to follow along and just wonder
>how long it took them to get the *seemless* call
>handoff figured out.

When did they get that going?  :)

Actually it's pretty good now, when I don't get dumped.

Once, I got a roaming bill that showed me traveling faster than light
I think, one second I was in Auburn CA, the next I was in Chico!
I tried to explain to the nice lady that this is impossible on the
face of it, but she wasn't having any of it.