At 01:35 AM 4/13/2005 -0000, you wrote:

>I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but with these
>duplexers I have had a hard time with tuning a pair of cavities with
>the stock phasing lines.  I seem to be getting "double peaks" and the
>peaks just won't pull together down around 443 MHz.  I went and made
>new phasing lines out of the same type cable, but just 1/2 inch longer
>on all lengths.  Now the peaks pull together, therefore resulting in
>sharper pass band and less loss.  Maybe it was just mine.

<--I've seen many T1500 series duplexers that have the wrong cable kits on
them for the frequency range being tuned. I'm not saying this is the case
with you but it seems many folks who buy them don't understand the color
coding of the cable kits. These are CRITICAL to proper performance.

I have a couple of T-1504As and each one does > 102 Db notches with < 1.5
Db insertion loss. No slouch but of course, I have the correct cables
installed :-)

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
We now offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net