Matt

The low band equipment that has noise blankers receive on a nearby
frequency and use the impulse noise that it sees to reduce the noise on the
channel if interest. They invert the signal from the nearbuy frequency and
apply it to the channel of interest. This would apply to broadband noise
only. It works somewhat to remove impulse noise such as ignition noise,
lightning strike generated impulse noise, arcs from the power line and the
like.

It might prove somewhat useful in your situation. I would not pent a lot of
money on one. I would get the service manual for a low band radio that has
a noise blanker and build one.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV