FYI  462.155 is not a channel in the FCC  list for use in the US.

----- Original Message -----
From: N9WYS
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 8:01 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] TKR-820 and the Kenwood KPT-20 Programmer

Well, everyone, I finally have my external controller (CAT-300) configured and working on this machine.  My next task is to reprogram the frequency and PL options.  I have a KPT-20 programmer, and the manual for it (and the repeater), but the programmer manual is not what I would call intuitive.

Can anyone who has experience with this animal give me some explicit directions on how to change the EEPROMS?  The repeater is currently on 462.155 (+5 Meg, with DPL) and I want to move it to 444.550 (+5 with PL 114.8).  The radio does not have a channel change knob or channel display, so I assume it is only a single channel repeater (although it appears the EEPROM doesn’t care about that).

I have tried to fumble my way through reprogramming this, but when I get to the VERIFY portion, I get a failure message.  It’s apparent I’m not doing something correctly, but I’ll be damned if I can figure it out.  The reprogramming and retuning is the final issues I need to do before I can put this on the air, so I’m getting anxious now that I’m close to the end.

Thanks so much!

Mark – N9WYS