I'll throw this in just because; I'm not sure if it's the case with
the VXR-5k, but for what it's worth on the VXR-7k you must solder a
jumper from a pad out to one of the pins on the rear to bring the COS
logic out.

Like I said, not sure if this is applicable to the VXR-5K, but just a
heads up in case you run out of leads.

JWP