Expensive: Mototola Mitrek recrystal and tempco at ICM: $50.00/element.
Bomar is $35.00. West is appx. $32.00.

There was a debate regarding West Crystal's alleged "temperature
compensation" a week or two ago on here.  Check the archives - I forget the
conclusion, if any.

Bob NO6B

The figures above that Steve-WA6ZFT gave are incorrect.  Bomar charges $25 to re-crystal and TC "your" element, not $35

YMMV, but in a direct conversation with a person claiming to be an engineer at West, I wasn't convinced that they actually TC the crystal in the element/ICOM.  Only after a VERY lengthy discussion and proving that I knew the difference between TC'ing and "netting" did he admit to only changing the parallel capacitor to achieve "on frequency" with the trimmer centered.  His thought was this measure was "compensating" the element.  After that, I was uncertain that West Crystal actually knew what proper ICOM or Channel Element TC'ing really was.

I was also not convinced that they check the modulation linearity or characteristics when redoing a FM TX element, something that I know ICM and Bomar does.  Does West Crystal do this,  I don't know, and I'm not going to call yet again to find out.  I was very discouraged from talking to them the first time, as I think they were trying to buffalo me into thinking I was getting something I'm convinced they weren't giving.

In crystals and crystal companies, you get what you pay for....
Again, YMMV, and likely will.

Kevin