Eric Lemmon wrote:

> Fellas,
>
> Please re-read my posting.  My statement was concerning the ability
> of a radio to encode one CTCSS tone and decode a different CTCSS
> tone.  I have a number of Icom, Alinco, and Yaesu radios which can
> only be programmed for ONE  tone per channel, and the same tone is
> used for both TX and RX.  Even the Motorola HT220 radio could only
> have one PL tone.
>
> I did not state that NO Amateur-grade radio could have different
> tones for TX and RX.  I merely commented that this capability is
> uncommon in recent designs.  Perhaps in the future it will be a
> standard feature, along with dual-format reverse burst and adjustable
> CTCSS deviation.
>
> 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

Right-so far the only ham rig I've seen that can do split tones is the
last of the Azden radios. I have a 6M version, and it can do it, since
it programs like a commercial rig, just from the front panel. In fact,
in other countries where type-acceptance isn't an issue, I'm pretty sure
they sold the exact same radio into commercial service.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL