I have a 440 repeater transmitting 442.850 and receiving on 447.850.
We are hearing interference on the repeater from 453.550 which we
confirmed on a scanner.  This 453.550 frequency is not at the same
site as the repeater (it isn't extremely strong), however there are
many other transmitters on the same hill.   We figured that maybe the
453.550 frequency is mixing with the transmitter frequency of 442.850
to give 10.7MHz, which is the first IF of the receiver.  The receiver
is a Hamtronics R304.  The duplexers are Wacom WP-678-R2.

Originally, I was thinking of buying a bandpass filter such as one
from DCI, but it seems that this would not attenuate the 453MHz
frequency very much.  Could the transmitter signal be getting into the
receiver and mixing there?

What could be causing this problem and how would I correct it?