From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 8:01 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Mastr II UHF Station PA Failure

        If the heatsink was very hot, then I would assume that the PA
transistors were working. Obviously, there are better methods to verify
this. But lets say they were working, I would check the jumper between the
PA & filter boards. This is a common failure point on UHF PAs as well. Does
your filter board have tuning capacitors on it? Stations that came from the
factory in a duplex configuration usually had the tunable filter boards.
I've seen where the tuning caps have become problematic as well.
        Make sure the balancing resistors are intact on both the input and
output sides of the PA transistors. If one side is charred, then I would
suspect a bad transistor.

73,
Bryan
N3ST