We use a bridge rec and an resistor for bat back up ..

as skopp notes the resistor is for current limitting .. so the PS does
not take a jolt if the battas are low

I will see if I can find the drawing and post ot the group .. if not I will
do another and post

nice thing is you can put this inside the PS and bolt it the the frame
.. and bring out 2 connectors for the batt .. I allways over rate the
bridge

I hope this helps ..

On 8 Jun 2005 at 15:45, skipp025 wrote:

> Motorola did the same thing... except they added a
> resistor in parallel with the diode (which was a
> TO-3 case transistor wired as a diode) for a battery
> trickle charge.
>
> I took it one step further and made my own style
> reverse charge circuit. Only takes a few parts...
>
> skipp
>
> > Eric Lemmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Dave,
> >
> > The GE Mastr II and Mastr Executive II stations were
> > both available with optional battery standby kits
> > that were nothing more than some wire, a fuse holder,
> > and a diode.  Almost every LBI for a station combination
> > has the information about connecting it into the
> > power supply.
> >
> > Be aware that the above hookup does not provide a
> > trickle charge for the battery- the customer
> > must provide a separate charger.  A bit cumbersome,
> > but it works.
> > 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
> >

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> --