At 10:56 PM 6/9/2005 -0000, you wrote:
>Email me the specific problem, how you measured it
>and how you think the response should be. I'll get
>the reply back to the proper engineering people
>and find out what they have to say about it.

<--The specific issue, as I've experienced it, is as follows:

Assume the TKR is programmed as full duplex but not repeating by its
internal control circuitry. This is how you'd program it if using an
external controller. You have also programmed the TKR for CTCSS encode
(which Kenwood calls QT). You've also programmed one of the Auxilary
Inputs/Outputs to control QT encode (which Kenwood calls "QT/DQT Enc
Disable") as an Active Low. So when you pull that Input low, Encode is
supposedly disabled. Straight forward stuff.

Now assume you have a hang time of, oh..let's say...5 seconds programmed
into your external controller.. Ok. kerchunk the repeater without the
programmed Input pulled low and the xmtr generates tone. Perfect. Now,
during the hang time, pull the Input line low. Tone is still generated.

Now, pull the line low and kerchunk. No tone is generated. During the hang
time, pull the Input High. No tone is generated.

This is the problem..well... this is how it operates with every Version 2
TKR that's come through here (it also behaved identically pre Version 2 as
well).

>There have been tkr firmware updates and special
>as-builts made... if it's a real problem the engr
>and factory people should know about it.

<---Well, I would argue it's a real problem but not every might agree!

>ps: Never did hear back... ya like your Dayton picture?

<--You did a good job on the pics but picked the wrong subject :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
It was great to meet many of you at Dayton 2005!
We offer complete Kenwood TKR repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net