Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] WEATHER RELATED STATIC

From tornado alley in Norman, Oklahoma:

I remember reading many years ago about a technique of placing your
television on an unused channel and darkening the television with
the brightness.  A nearby tornado would be indicated if the screen
brightened.  I probably should Google this before saying more.

Obviously this does not work on cable.

Micheal Salem N5MS

mch wrote:
Are you sure it's not just causing some odd
propagation and they are seeing a distant station?

Joe M.

Joe wrote:

 I've heard stories of people in the tornado areas watching an unused TV channel in their area.  Tornados supposedly generate noise in the lower channels that you can see and identify as a tornado on TV.

Joe

---- Dave VanHorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hasn't tornado winds been documented to generate broadband RF noise
primarily in the VHF region?