Ray,

I've seen the same symptoms occur when an inexpensive multi-band ham antenna is
used, especially when the antenna is fairly close to the repeater and
single-shielded coax feedline connects the duplexer to  the antenna.

Try using a good, broadband antenna that is known to perform well in duplex
operation, and use Heliax or RG-214/U coax as feedline.  It may help to install
the antenna so that it is directly above the repeater equipment, and as high as
possible, to minimize RF leakage into the radio.

When a Mastr II radio is converted to duplex operation, special care must be
taken to avoid leakage between the RX and TX sections, since the Lexan
partitions don't have very good shielding properties.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

Ray Retzlaff wrote:

 I just re-built a GE Mastr II mobile for use as a repeater on 147.030+ and
everything went great here on the bench.  When we installed the machine at its
new home at a residence on a hilltop we immediately started having problems with
noise on the input freq.  It only appears when the repeater is in TX and it
appears right on the input 147.630.  I have ruled out desense because you can
hear the noise on a HT (on 147.630)  but only when the repeater is transmitting.
I think this might be a mix of some sort but I have no clue what to look for.
can anyone help point me in the right direction?