Steve,

We try to work with our coordinating bodies, but if that coordinating body is
unresponsive, the repeater goes on the air and the interference issues are
worked out using the FCC rule that "the uncoordinated repeater has the primary
reponsibility for resolving the interference". One might have to change
frequencies several times to resolve interference issues.

Coordination bodies in the US are self-appointed and in areas such as Southern
California some are closed membership organizations which only care about the
interests of the existing coordinated repeaters.

I believe the RGSB coordination method might be superior as all amatuers are
represented, and there can't be closed or private repeaters. Your method was
probably bourne out of necessity since you don't have bands as big as ours on
2M and 70cm.

It is not my intention to get into a flame war over repeater coordination as
that is not what this list is meant for.

Steve Rodgers
WA6ZFT