>Obviously, this has noting to do with the subject but is a fun story.

I've got one that I'm trying to track down..

A local 2M machine, on 146.730, is having a problem we call "the
horrible noise".
I've never heard anything like it, and I've had no success at recording it.
It sounds like some sort of a feedback loop, in that I think that I
can hear 'reverb" like effects in the sound.

It happens in wet weather, and there have been a bunch of theories
put forward, but nothing makes sense.
At one point, it was blamed on a repeater I now own, but we disproved
that by taking it off the air entirely, while the "horrible noise"
continued.  The latest theory is that it is related to the
replacement of some capacitors in the final amp of the kenwood
repeater, but I'm skeptical.