At 09:06 PM 7/5/2005, Ken Arck wrote:
>At 01:48 AM 7/6/2005 -0000, you wrote:
>
> >Ok, the situation is that my repeater is being heard by commercial
> >aircraft on 132.950 Mhz.  At first they was able to identify one user
> >of the system, this was in June.  Then again the repeater was heard on
> >June 22, this time stating they could hear several users on the system.
>
><---Either your repeater is AMing a lot, or isn't exactly on 132.950 (slope
>tuning an FM signal on an AM receiver).

In our case, the audio was as clear on their systems as it is on ours.
The FM deviation slides around on their IF passband slope, creating
AM where none existed before.

I had several people who were "local gurus" insisting that this
couldn't be the case, so I played them the tapes from the tower.

That's another thought I forgot to add. If you ask, they will
probably be able to let you listen to the tapes, which makes the
identification much easier.
In our case, there were a few instances of just sylables, but then
there were others where the repeater courtesy tone was there, as well
as our most popular user, and then finally one with the repeater ID,
which pretty much closed the case.