At 12:52 AM 7/21/2005, Mathew Quaife wrote:
>Well, I have not heard anything from the FAA, but I can still see
>the spurs on the SA, not real bad.  But it still seems that I am
>riding along the 132.950 at least on my radio, but I get a few miles
>from the house and nothing.  I'm still using the FT736R as a
>transmitter.  I ordered xtals from Jan and it was off by 20 KC's, so
>it has to go back.  How about on your end.

ARRGHHH!!

If you like, you can send that exciter down here, and I'll fix
it.  The problem seems to be in one of the multiplier stages, and I
suspect that just replacing the transistor will get it.  I'm
interested to to it because our existing 2M transmitter is the same
board, so I could some day be looking at the same problem.

Another thing you can try is a stub filter. But, if it's doing the
broadband comb thing that we saw, that will only take out part of the problem.

My end:  Well, we went out to look at our prospective site yesterday,
and everything looks good, except that when I ran the numbers on all
the receivers and transmitters, there is a situation.. If two of
their 800 MHz transmitters are on, and our 2M transmitter, then it
could be mixed by something external, and get into another receiver
they have near 150 MHz.  :(   I would rather have had a harmonic
problem, because THAT, I can filter. This would be a real signal
created external to the repeater system, and that gets very messy..

So, back to looking for sites I think.

Now the one thing that might save this, is that soon, they will be
changing their 800 MHz frequencies. But, it might also get worse.