--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Nick,
>
> You need to get a license, $75 for 5 years.  Also download part
95, regs
> for GMRS, from www.fcc.gov; about 20-30 pages.  They follow pretty
much the
> old CB rules.

Fee is now $80.00

> Base stations are restricted to 20 ft above structure and 25 watts
ERP, but
> repeater can go as high as they like and run 50 watts out of the
tx, not
> ERP.

To qualify as a SMALL BASE STATION, the height limitation applies
and they can transmit with no more than 5W ERP...regular base
stations (and repeaters) are limited to 50W power output (not ERP)
and no height restrictions (other limitations apply as well such as
frequency stability).

balance of post snipped

(moderators...I know rules discussions are not allowed, however, the
original poster needs to know what he can and can't do in order to
make responsible equipment purchase/installation decisions)

73
Bob, GMRS WPVV845, Amateur KG4WAD, LMRS WPXC892