Although the Clegg and Midland 13-509 radio mod to
repeater convertion works ok, the receiver is fairly
marginal for most busy repeater applications.  You'd
do much better to buy a receiver designed for actual
repeater operation.

I like the preformance and output functions of the
Spectrum 220MHz (and 145/440 bands) Receiver,
but they appear to be a "dys-functional business".

If you could get a receiver from Spectrum without being
taken for a "Mr Toads Wild Ride" (Disney Land theme
park ride), I'd say their equipment is worth at least
looking at.

I bought and enjoy the operation of a new Maggiore 220
receiver, which also works pretty well. They also come
high on the list of good 220 MHz receivers.

cheers,
skipp

www.radiowrench.com/sonic