--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "skipp025" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've had some time to think about your VHF Tx/Rx
> trunking system problems.  It appears from a distance
> you bought a turnkey system put together from
> Commercial Antenna Combiner System Packages (ie
> the typical Tesco or Talley Catalog method). The
> Telewave hardware in the transmit path and the
> Sinclair unit in the receive path.   It's my opinion
> the equipment was probably picked from catalogs by
> spec and probably not specifically engineered as a
> high performance system.

Hi Skipp,

Just wanted to let you know that altough the design of the system was
put togheter pretty much as you mention, a full schematic drawing of
the whole system design was submitted to each vendor, and all of their
engineering dept. gave us the ok to use the chosen components. They
also independently ran a IM analysis test and stated that there where
no low order hits. Not trying to be defensive in any way, but just
wanted to make it clear that this was not some kind of half-blind
catalog shopping spree.

Anyway we apreciate very much your suggestions and comments, and will
probably go with additional filtering. Still any other aditional
suggestions and comments from you or the group will always be very
welcomed.

Thanks again.

Alex