Hi Milt,

Thank you very much for your comets and suggestions, they are very
apreciated. So as to save group bandwidth, Kindly please see my reply
to Skipp's message, as it also deals with the antennas.

Alex

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Ellen Engle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
The DB-228 is about 41 feet long.  Top antenna cannot be fully top
mounted due to it's size so that means that about 20 ft is side
mounted.  That puts the bottom of the TX antenna at 70 ft.  >TX is
mounted from about mid-tower down.<  OK I am interperating this to
mean that the top of the bottom antenna is at say 50 ft, which puts
the bottom at 10 ft.    Total antenna seperation 20 ft. or less.   Big
problem.

> When you purchased the system, was it engineered for this spacing or
did the antenna system come later?

> You need more isolation between the antennas.  I would strongly
suggest that you replace the antennas with DB-224's (20 ft long).  Aim
for a minimum of 60 ft of space between the bottom of the top antenna
and the top of the side mount antenna.  Since the description of the
DB-228 indicates that it is made of 2 DB-224E's it may be possible to
simply split one of the antennas apart and test that way.

> If you must stay with these high gain antennas then your TX
combining and RX distribution systems need to be reengineered taking
into account the short spacing (low isolation) between the TX and RX
antennas.