Well, if the repeater is up and abandoned why not use it? And if the owner
does show up offer to help with the upkeep. That is if we are talking about
an amateur repeater.

One of two things will happen, You will find out it is not abandoned, In
which case maybe just support that repeater and it will get used, then you
will not need to build one. Or you will confirm it is abandoned. In ether
case sounds like you have a repeater that needs users and you do not need to
build another.

I did say need, want is a different animal and I tip my hat to anyone that
wants to experiment and build systems. I do it for fun myself. I build them
for others for the fun of building.

I think the best advice was from Eric, go back to your co-coordinator and
request another pair.

Kevin King SCSA BSCIS
ARS KC6OVD
GMRS KAG0378