Thanks Bob, I am reading the manual now to see if I can find out what the beeps are all about.  I did readjust the receiver after I put the original chip back in the unit.

Mathew

"Bob M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunately, I've never worked on one that needs the
EPROM, so the beeps are new to me. I only have the
manuals for the digital stations that use RSS.

However, the first step is to adjust the two VCO
coils, since if they aren't putting out the right
signal, the station would refuse to operate. Maybe the
beeps are an indication of that.

When you get to the five mixer coils, the peak is
quite difficult to see. About all you can do is start
turning each one down about one turn until you see the
slightest indication on the metering panel; this might
only be half a microamp, but it's all you need. Once
you get something, you can continue peaking them.

The front end coils are easy - inject the signal via
the test cable into the leftmost tuning hole adjacent
to the tuning slug, and adjust the slug to the left
for a peak, and adjust the slug to the right for a
dip. Move the test cable one hole to the right and
adjust the next coil for a dip. Finally put the signal
into the RF input of the receiver and adjust the
rightmost coil for a peak, then go back and adjust a
couple of the mixer coils for a similar peak. I would
expect that the procedure is the same for the analog
and digital stations. This is a rough sequence by the
way.

I can copy the appropriate pages from my manual and
send them to you, if that would help. Tuning the
internal duplexer/filter is particularly critical and
really needs to be done the way the manual says.

Bob M.
======