They use BNC's. In my opinion, the best UHF duplexer out there.

Chuck
WB2EDV



Bob M. wrote:
> It was a TxRx 4-can duplexer. The specs were 100dB,
> and it made that but just barely (102-103 is what I
> measured). 1.1dB passband loss. I could get the model
> number, but I believe it's a stock model, just tuned
> for the ham band. They use RG142 throughout. The
> connectors on the duplexer look like TNC but I didn't
> take any apart. These run to ordinary female Ns on the
> frame.
> 
> Let's hope the problem is really gone, but I'd have
> liked to try to recreate it, just to make sure that it
> really was fixed.
> 
> Bob M.
> ======
> --- Coy Hilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Well Bob I'd bet the problem is gone for good.
>>There's nothing like 
>>having really good feed back from your antenna to
>>the area of your 
>>receiver with out going through the receive side of
>>the duplexer. It 
>>sounds like a little item called a passive repeater,
>>think about it.
>>
>> I'm interested in the 4 can duplexer, I would like
>>to know the 
>>make. Not bad for a 200 watt transmitter.
>>AC0Y 
>>
>>--- In [email protected], "Bob M."
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
>>wrote:
>>
>>>First, I would like to thank everyone who
>>
>>responded to
>>
>>>my original post with suggestions, information,
>>
>>and
>>
>>>similar problems.
>>>
>>>Here's an update to the situation.
>>>
>>>Late Monday afternoon/evening, the coax/antenna
>>
>>was
>>
>>>swept (from the bottom) with a site-master unit
>>
>>and no
>>
>>>problem was found.
>>>
>>>There's an unused 800 MHz vertical antenna mounted
>>>near the UHF antenna, on the platform, with coax
>>>attached. Apparently the dummy load at the bottom
>>
>>of
>>
>>>the coax for that antenna was either missing or
>>>defective, so another one was put on. The
>>
>>repeater's
>>
>>>desense problem is completely gone now, even with
>>
>>the
>>
>>>200w PA and the 17dB gain preamp.
>>>
>>>I don't know if there was desense immediately
>>
>>before
>>
>>>playing with that dummy load, nor if they restored
>>
>>the
>>
>>>situation to what it was previously to check if
>>
>>the
>>
>>>desense reappeared. For all we know, with the high
>>>winds and rain we had Monday, something up at the
>>>antenna (the jumper, for example) could have moved
>>>enough to _cure_ the problem, even temporarily.
>>>Nothing else was done at the site on Monday, but
>>
>>the
>>
>>>repeater is working as good as it was when it
>>
>>first
>>
>>>went on the air.
>>>
>>>If the desense condition returns, we'll obviously
>>
>>have
>>
>>>to go looking for it again, but maybe a visit to
>>
>>the
>>
>>>top of the pole would be in order.
>>>
>>>Anyway, my search for a circulator is temporarily
>>
>>on
>>
>>>hold. Sure, it would be desirable to have one, but
>>
>>not
>>
>>>absolutely necessary for proper operation of the
>>>repeater.
>>>
>>>Bob M.
> 
> 
> 
>       
>               
> __________________________________ 
> Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to