If it's transmitting in the amateur band, it must
follow the same rules as for any other emission: ID
every 10 minutes and at the end of your transmission.
There are probably speed requirements as well - I seem
to recall that repeater IDs must be under 20wpm.

People usually have a CW ID connected to the link
transmitter, and attempt to filter it out at the link
receiver. Sometimes this is not entirely successful.
You might try it with a sub-audible tone as it's
easier to filter out and you might already be doing
that at one end or the other, as long as it doesn't
mess up an existing PL or DPL code on your
transmitter.

Why must the link be on all the time? Most voters can
deal with an absent carrier and remove it from the
active receivers bus. The ID requirements don't
change, but the lifetime of your equipment sure does.

Bob M.
======