Bernd Maestling wrote:
> Hi again Ed,
>
> I made a mistake. The voltage at L1 is not 5.2V, it's 0.52V (ugh)
> what means that the unit is unlocked.
> The other voltages at the test-points are ok (+/- 1V)
> I made all the tests on the 856 module.
>
> 73
> Bernd

OK, that makes more sense. Try adjusting the VCO trimmer so that your
free running frequency is somewhere around 435. Then let off the PTT
button and key it again. If you're lucky, it will lock. Watch the TP12 I
mentioned earlier while turning the capacitor.

Note: if it does lock, you will be drawing more current, but will likely
not be producing any power unless the frequency it was tuned to before
is within 10 megs (spec is 8 megs) or so of your new frequency. DO not
key it very long as the output will be way out of resonance. You might
even turn the output power control pot all the way down untill you are
sure what is going on.

Ed Yoho
WA6RQD