Chris,

Is that any radio?  Is there any specification as to the frequency tolerance of the transmitter mentioned?  Guess I had better look it all up.  I don't know why I am interested, guess it's because I have so many of these PPL 6060 radios on hand.  I have 5 brand new-in-the-box 6060's and have been wondering what the heck I am going to do with them.  It may be fun to put up a GMRS repeater but not at the price of a new repeater.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:10 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: GMRS in USA

In a message dated 11/28/05 6:51:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Question:

  Does the Johnson 6060 meet FCC Type Acceptance for GMRS?

  Neil - WA6KLA
Generally speaking any radio used in part 90 service that transmits 50w or less rf power is acceptable in the GMRS. The GMRS rules tell you to WRITE (not call) the FCCto see if a paticular radio is accepted for part 95. The above is pretty much the answer you will get.

Chris
N9LLO

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS