On Monday 19 December 2005 11:48 pm, Ken Arck wrote:
> Don't forget that in both PM and FM schemes, the modulation is done early
> on and multiplied. So for a typical multiplication scheme of x 9, the
> modulation introduced only needs to be 550 Hz or so (for a 5 Khz spec). And
> even a paultry 550 Hz requires a fair amount of audio voltage to
> accomplish.

In most PLL units I have worked with in the "ham" market the vco is modulated
directly on the loop op amp.  There in no multiplication the VCO runs at the
output frequency.

As to the origional question, anyone fixed the microphonics problems with the
exciter?

--
Bryan Fields, KB9MCI

Somewhere in DOWNTOWN BURBANK a prostitute is OVERCOOKING a LAMB CHOP!!