Dave VanHorn wrote:

> The Amateur radio handbook, published by the ARRL in the USA, is a
> pretty good source.

I got some old CD...will take a look for a newer...

> Them's fightin' words! :)   I'm a long time Atmel AVR guy.
> I've used PICs but the banking and "holes" in the memory drive me
> nuts. Also the AVR does most instructions in ONE xtal clock as
> opposed to four on the PIC, and with 32 "w" registers (sort of) and
> vectored interrupts, it's just a LOT faster and easier to work on.

Thats OK.
I can use AVR with BASCOM, thats OK.
But i am using PIC with mikroBASIC, from Serbia (i am also from YU), so i
am using domestic product, and it is very good!
Speaking of AVR vs PIC..... same as Spectrum vs Commodore etc etc etc :)

> Schematic is only half the story, PCB layout and mechanicals are just
> as important.

I know that. I have a lot of experience on PCB drafting, so i do not
expect so many problems on that side. And, shielding, of course... :)))

> I think you have a very ambitious project. Perhaps you should do a
> web site where you can post the details, I'm sure a lot of people
> will be interested.

Thats for sure... i just need to draw a oscillator and RX i finished...
will see to register a domain, and will put some details....

> > I planed to use 16F876 or 16F877 PIC...
> Well.. :) To each his own.

;-)