At 1/20/2006 19:16, you wrote:

> > The length of the jumper cables between the cans has a profound
>effect upon
> > the insertion loss at the pass frequency, and relatively little
>effect upon
> > the isolation at the notch frequency.
>
>Which brings up a fun question..
>How do you know what the right length is, and where do you measure it
>from?
>
>Or is this a cut and try thing? In that case, anyone know sources for
>bungee coax? :)

Every now & then a trombone line shows up on eBay.  Unfortunately, they
usually go for a bit more than I'm willing to pay.

This isn't something you'd want to leave in line, but if you know the
velocity factors & physical lengths of it & your interconnecting cables,
you can figure out the correct fixed length of coax to use.

Bob NO6B