At 09:00 PM 1/27/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>Good question!  I guess my thinking was that, if I were using the
>repeaters in connection with critical incident response, having the
>flexibility of switching onto any of the 16 channels pre-programmed
>with different CTCSS tones would give me more flexibility in
>different areas of the state.  Maybe that's overkill?  What model
>would you suggest?

<---Seems to me a "decent" simplex or half-duplex mobile might be the more
economic way to do it. Sure, the TKR's can be run in this mode but it seems
to me that this is not only an expensive way to do it, the TKR's ain't
exactly small and light :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net