How did the installer get the braid ring installed backwards? In all of the
Type-N connectors that I have installed on RG-214, The braid ring is
relived so that it seats at the end of the insulation with the braid coming
through and being fanned out. The person that installed the braid ring
backwards could not have read any installation instructions for the
connector. I sure would not want them doing ANY work for me.

I have not had a Type-N connector fail, that I installed, due to braid
fatigue. I have seen some sloppy installs. The center pin set to the wrong
depth, destroying the female connector on first mate. I have even seen a
Type-N connector with an attempt having been made to solder the braid to
the braid ring.

Where do these idiots come from??

73
Glenn