From: n2len
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:03 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Remote base radio help...

Hello,

I am presently hooking ua remote base radio to my vxr5000. The 5000 COS
needs a contact closure to make function. I am using a ICOM 207 via 6
pin mini din for signaling. I have used a 2N2222 transistor set up as a
open collector output circuit to trigger the COS on the 5000 repeater.

Diagram:
Base---ICOM207 Squelch Output to 4.7K resistor to base leg of transistor
Collector----Feeds COS pin on VERTEX VXR5000
Emitter----GND

Now the link radio only works one way when I switch it on.
When the 5000 transmits the link radio keys up and sends audio to the
other machine. But when the other machine keys up nothing back. The
link radio receives the signal but it dosent throw the 5000 into
transmit. So I am thinking I have a COS problem with the transistor
circuit I built.

So my question is. Do I need this transistor circuit to activate COS on
the repeater or can I just wire the Squelch output of the 207 directly
to the COS pin on the VXR5000. Is the ICOM207 logic level at the mini
din.

I know that this is specific information to my situation, but I figured
to ask anyway.

Thanks....