Hi,all
Pac Res is still there and makes several, some
ham-bound.  We have 3 of the RI-300 series on CARA and
they work acceptable.  However, programming is very
difficult and there is no real-time clock so whenever
there is a power bump, the controller sends a "time
not set" message with every id.
In the programming, the code doesn't wrap around but
merely steps onto the next line replacing whatever was
there.  A trap which is not difficult to avoid if you
know it.  Either put several calls to another address
or plan ahead and leave some blank lines between each
command set.  Learned the hard way.
My two cents worth
Thanks
Russ AE6UX