First, If you have an IRLP node and an Echolink node and tie them
togeather, so that Echolink can talk into the IRLP node then youre
likely to get cut off the IRLP end they strictly say that you will not
do that!!!!!, Now having said that there is a program called ECHOIRLP
That will eather/or to beused from the same machine(computer &
repeater). IT runs on LINUX RED HAT FEDORA...I cant remember what
version , but I think it was the last release. I run Echolink on my
machine at Walt Disney World and have for about three years and I like
it very much. Most of the people that I meet are great folks!

As far as the controller well it depends on your setup. I have brouad
band at home and shoot the Echolink to the repeater via RF link IT is
simple. I use a simple NHRC2 Controller. They are not expensive ( a
partial kit is around 40 bucks and is easy to build in an evening) and
they work well and last a long time.

Good luck with your project and stay out of trouble
AC0Y