> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Mike Morris wrote:
> > More details at <http://wa6tdd.tripod.com> and it's really worth
> > reading.  And wait for the photos to load - they are worth
> it as well
> > (just for the photo of WA6ITF 40 years ago). The Jampro
> story is just
> > under his picture.
>
> That was an astounding story. That's the sort of stuff that
> you don't want
> disappear into the past forever. Thank you whoever documented that.

If anyone is serious about a antenna project, I've got a few broadcast FM
antenna bays that could be used as the basis for constructing a 2m CP
repeater antenna.  For some of the antennas like the Jampro "penetrator"
series mentioned, it should be a simple matter of shortening the elements
and feeder arms, though modeling it in NEC or similiar would probably be
required to do the job right.  They're probably worth a few bucks, but in
the interest of experimentation, I'll give one (or maybe more) to anyone who
would take this up as a serious project and put together an article worthy
of being posted on the repeater-builder web site.  Email off-line if you're
interested.

                                                        --- Jeff