I ran a G6-144 on my 2 meter repeater for 22 years,worked very well but
succumbed to a 2" coating of ice when it started falling from the tower
above it. Smashed it pretty bad,along with many other antennae.
The G7 we replaced it with was another story,pure junk. Maybe the old G6
was better built??? Now using a Diamond F23A and a DB-224.
73,Lee,N3APP