I've got a friend who is looking to drop a couple of GE Phoenix radios
down to 2-5W for a low power/low current draw application. I *assume*
that the final amp transistor can be strapped but is there any
additional modifications necessary to make this work?

I don't want to simply turn the output pot down due to the spur
potential. (I don't have a spectrum analyzer available to me to check
for them.)

Does anyone out there have a schematic for the factory low power
versions? My friend is looking to do this on both VHF and UHF. I posted
to the GE list but no one seems to have first hand knowledge of this mod.

Thanks!

- Rob