So what's the consensus opinion on how best to rack radios, duplexers and
amps? I've got a 5' rack I'm putting everything into and my amps are
continuous duty rated and accordingly have forced air cooling. What I'm
looking at is that I have two 3RU shelves of duplexers, a 4RU amp, a 3RU
power supply and then the radios themselves. I'd like to keep everything
so the jumpers are as short as possible, and I don't want the repeater to
overheat come summer.

Most installations I've seen place the power supply near the floor. I'm
also a bit torn when it comes to how to space things out to prevent any
interference to the recievers if at all possible. By and large, it seems
that to conserve rack space, I'll have to use two radios per shelf, which
means the RX and TX will be on the same shelf. I do have a small quanitity
of hardline I'm looking to wire the TX side with.

Now, another question is that with 25MHz spacing, can I expect the 100W
duplexers to survive in an enviroment with 150W going up on a different
frequency (f+25MHz) using the same antenna?

So far I've been playing with this idea:

Duplexers
Amp
Radios
controller
power supply

But an alternative that came to mind is:
power supply
amp
duplexers
controller
etc.

Please, oh great gurus, impart me with wisdom. :)

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                       "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"