I had an earlier post post about a UHF Micor unified chassis station that I will eventually connect an outbord controller (CAT300DXL) and convert to ham use, and thanks to all who responded. Of course my game plan is to verify correct operation on the 460 mhz commercial freq before attempting a ham conversion and I am making progress but still have no (or very low) audio, and no sqeulch action whatsover at the controls on the reciever deck which is what I want for just reciever alignment at least. I have gone through the reciever alignment per the manual up to the dis criminator tune and everything tuned perfect so I suspect the reciever will check OK. But with no speaker audio, I cant generate into the reciever jack to finish the alignment of the front end coils. I suspect I just have some jumpers wrong so here is what I have..

Backplane jumpers:  IN  1,4,5  OUT   2,3,6,7,8

All cards removed except the station control card and it has JU10 removed.

On the backplane I added an 8 ohm speaker to pins 1+2 of J2, and jumped pin 6 to pin 14 (also on J2) and remove the line driver card.

Like I said the reciever up to the discriminator tuned up nice with a moto test-set, I just have really low audio at the speaker almost like a IF or mixer amp transistor died. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks  Andy Thrasher KC8EVM

Yahoo! Mail

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS