At 3/15/2006 04:07, you wrote:
>On my 145.27  Hay's Mill repeater, I run 250 watts into the duplexer.
>My 2 meter remote base antenna is about 40 feet down the tower.  It is
>mounted directly under the repeater antenna for best isolation.
>I use a large Sinclair Notch Cavity tuned to 145.27 placed in the remote
>base feeder.  I can successfully link to pairs about 200 kHz from 145.27.
>All of the 146 and 147 band is just fine....
>
>If your link radio has a built in diplexer (duplexer), I suggest running
>another to separate the VHF from the UHF and only placing the cavity in
>the VHF line.  If you are using a dual band antenna, use another
>diplexer to combine the signals back together.
>
>Kevin

Along the same lines, if you separate VHF & UHF on the remote base radio
you can use separate antennas, which lets you place the UHF much higher on
the tower.  In fact, if you're still using a GP9 for your repeater antenna
you can split that off & use the UHF side for your remote base.  Kind of
doing that in reverse here (2 meter remote base TX combined with 440
repeater output TX).

Bob NO6B