I think you have to look at it as a discount for the little guy, or
better yet, a subsidization paid by the larger dealers. The premise
being that the more tables you buy, the bigger dealer you are and
the more you can afford to pay. That way, they keep the price lower
for the individuals who only buy a table or two. You have to agree
that when it comes to Dayton, or hamfests in general, the lines are
blurred between hams wanting to sell their surplus and dealers
making substantial money. This form of progressive pricing is used,
I believe, in most commercial expo environments.

Scott Madison, WN1B

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Finch"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know this is off-topic but I don't know where to ask this
question.  I
> have sent a email to the Hamfest folks by the way, who knows if
they will
> respond.
>
> Has anyone looked at the space price listed on their website?  It
is a
> graduated price scheme, the more spaces you buy the more it costs
you!  The
> price for 3 spaces is almost twice what 2 spaces costs!
>
> Why do they do that?  They seem to me to be the highest priced
Hamfest,